Daytona Beach, FL police brutality lawyers

If a police officer became violent with your child and you are looking to obtain justice for the pain and suffering your child has endured, contact a Daytona Beach, FL police brutality lawyer near you.

Despite the authority and advantages police officers have over the general public, officers of the law are still required to respect the rights of the citizens in their community and should not engage in any activity that is considered to be a form of misconduct or abuse. If an officer has violated a citizen’s rights or became abusive in any way, he or she should be acknowledged for their behavior. Unfortunately, finding an officer guilty of misconduct or even police brutality isn’t as easy as you would think. But there’s still hope.

Although there are plenty of officers who manage to walk away from a bad encounter with a civilian, whether it involves an adult or a child without facing any repercussions for their negative actions, there are steps that can be taken to ensure the officer who harmed your child is at least recognized for misconduct. Below we highlight a few things you can do to get the officer recognized for their inappropriate behavior as well as the location of the best police brutality law firm in Daytona Beach, FLin the event you would like a legal expert to help you with this.

  1. You can report the officer by filing a complaint with the department he or she works for. Children and teens are taught to rely on their local police officers when they are in need of help or want to report a crime. Unfortunately, these bad encounters only builda bad rapport between police and the community. And instead of children looking up to the police who patrol and protect their community, they become fearful of them and frightened each time they come in contact with one.

Therefore, if you would like to get an officer recognized for the inappropriate act that caused your child to suffer physically and/or psychologically, you can file a complaint with the police department the officer is employed with. When a complaint is filed, the department’s Internal Affairs unit generally is assigned to conduct an investigation to determine if your claims are valid. In the event the Internal Affairs unit finds the officer to be guilty, disciplinary action should then be taken.

If you want to file a complaint against a police officer employed by the Daytona Beach Police Department, you can click hereto find out how. You can also report the incident by calling City Hall at 386-671-8400. If you find that your complaint is not handled accordingly, don’t wait to contact a Daytona Beach, FL police brutality attorney. In the event your child was improperly handled by a Volusia County Sheriff, you can fill out a Citizen’s Complaint Form and drop it off at the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office located at 125 E Orange Ave # 105, Daytona Beach, FL 32114.

police brutality law firms in Daytona Beach near me

Need help filing a civil suit against a Daytona Beach, FL police officer for mishandling your child? Contact The Graham Law Group, LLC today.

  1. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation, perhaps you might consider contacting The Graham Law Group, LLC to receive assistance with filing a civil lawsuit against the officer and/or the department he or she works for. If your child was harmed in any way, be it physical or psychological by a Daytona Beach police officer, the attorneys at this firm can help you successfully file a lawsuit to recover compensation for their pain and suffering.


The Graham Law Group, LLC is located at:

140 South Beach Street, Ste 310

Daytona Beach, FL 32114

Phone: 407-802-2968


0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *