police brutality lawyers in Albuquerque

Filing a complaint against an Albuquerque, NM police officer is easy but getting them punished for their inappropriate behavior isn’t which is why you need to retain a police brutality lawyer to help you.

Filing a complaint against an Albuquerque police officer is an easy process to follow but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consult a police brutality lawyer regarding the encounter that transpired between you and the officer. Although filing a complaint is a sure way to get the police department to assess the officer’s recent behavior, it doesn’t mean the complaint will result in disciplinary action being taken. If you want to ensure your complaint is taken seriously, handled in a timely manner, and the officer is reprimanded accordingly, you are going to want to hire an Albuquerque, NM police brutality attorney to help you.


What are the steps for filing a complaint against a police officer employed by the Albuquerque Police Department?


Here are the steps you need to follow if you wish to file a complaint against an Albuquerque, NM police officer.


  1. You are going to want to download the Police Complaint or Commendation Form, which can be accessed below and fill it out to the best of your ability.


  1. You will need to return the form once it is completed using any of the following methods listed below:
  • Mail in your complaint– If you would like to mail in your complaint, you will need to send it to the following address:

Civilian Police Oversight Agency City of ABQ

P.O. Box 1293

Albuquerque, NM 87103


  • Hand-deliver your complaint form- You will need to bring the completed form to one of these three locations:
    • Civilian Police Oversight Agency, located at 600 2nd NW, Room 813, Albuquerque, NM 87102.
    • Any Albuquerque Police Department Substation. You can view a list of these locations by clicking here.
    • Albuquerque Police Department Internal Affairs Division, located at City Hall, 1 Civic Plaza NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102.
  • Fax it in- If you’d like to fax your form in, you will need to send it to 505-924-3775.
  • Report your complaint by telephone- You can call 505-924-3770 to report your complaint about an Albuquerque police officer.
  • Report by email- Should you choose to submit your complaint via email, you will need to send it to the following email address: [email protected]


police brutality attorneys in Albuquerque, NM

If you were mistreated by a police officer, don’t settle with them getting a slap on the wrist. Instead, hire a police misconduct attorney in Albuquerque who is going to push for disciplinary action to be taken.

After your complaint is received by the Internal Affairs Division, an investigation will occur to determine the validity of your claim. Once the investigation is complete, you should receive correspondence from the department informing you as to what the outcome of it was and whether the officer faced any sort of disciplinary action. In the event your complaint was more serious in nature, the department may request additional information or want to meet with you.

In the event you aren’t satisfied with the outcome of the investigation or you are being called in to discuss the incident further, be sure you have retained a police brutality attorney in Albuquerque, NM who will be there to support you and defend your rights. If you would like to speak to a lawyer in your area now who is prepared to stick by your side, call the Law Office of Brian K. Branch at 505-764-9710.


You can reach the Law Office of Brian K. Branch at:

715 Marquette Avenue NW

Albuquerque, NM 87102

Phone: 505-764-9710

Website: www.bkblaw.net

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *